Happy Valentines Day you gorgeous bunch of beautiful people! This includes both men and women, there is no room for sexism over on my blog!
Tonight, well last night to you lot reading now I was trying to decide what to wear on Saturday night. Unlike most people me and my other half wont be going out on Valentines night, one because it's generally filled up with couples going way too OTT on the old PDA, two because the cost of meals in a decent restaurant go up the roof and three because we can go out for a meal any time of the year. Instead we will be staying in and having a meal and what not and then on Saturday we shall be going away for the night. Anyway I decided on a dress, it's black (so original) which meant I could literally wear ANY lip colour I wanted to wear, but couldn't decide on one so figured that other people could be in the same situation. I'm sure there are a ton of blogs devoted to this already so I just thought why not jump on the bandwagon?!
I've separated them in to three different colours, giving three different options of each colour. Aside from two lipsticks they're all on the cheap side which means you can run out in your lunch break and pick one up... if you like any of them!
The Pink Lip Edit
For the girly girls who like to keep things au-natural!
|Top: L'Oréal Glam Shine Stain Splash Romy 102. Middle: MAC Satin Lipstick Snob and Bottom: Liz Earle Signature Lip colour tea Rose|
Top to bottom
- L'Oréal Glam Shine Stain Splash In Romy 102 £7.99 This is actually a gloss but dries to a lip stain and has quite good staying power. The wand makes it super easy to apply too.
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Snob £15 Ok I have mentioned this lipstick in my MAC Haul and promise this is the only lipstick that has been mentioned in my blog. This colour is just gorgeous and I find I wear it most days now. If you're wearing a nice smokey eye then I would definitely go for this colour!
- Liz Earle Signature Lip Colour, 07 Tea Rose £14 This is a lovely lip colour, it's like your own lip colour but better! Super moisturising but sadly not a long lasting lipstick, although teaming it up with a lip liner will help it stay put longer.
The Coral Lip Edit
For those who want to add a summery pop of colour!
|Top: Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick 016. Middle: MUA Shade 7. Bottom: NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie|
Top to bottom
- Rimmel - Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 016 £5.49 Right ignore the lipsticks on the left as this is shown in the middle. I got the pictures of my lips mixed up so this is in fact the TOP lip colour. Now this colour is gorgeous!!!!! It's a pinky coral so nothing to OTT. It has a gorgeous finish to it and just feels so creamy on your lips.
- MUA Lipstick in Shade 7 £1 Is it just me who gets annoyed that MUA don't give their lipsticks names? I feel like they are missing their identity! This is actually the middle lip colour. This is more of an orange based coral. I'm not a fan of orange lip colours but this is so much softer. the staying power isn't great but hey it's a £1 and I've had more expensive lipsticks last a shorter time on my lips!
- NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie £5 I LOVE NYX and I LOVE these Butter Glosses! They smell like something I would eat and they actually last quite well on your lips! They are gloppy and have a thicker consistency than most lip glosses (which aids with them lasting longer) but they don't feel tacky on your lips, so that's a plus surely for the man in your life?
The Red Lip Edit
For those daring girls who aren't afraid to make a bold statement!
|Top: L'Oréal Glam Shine Stain Splash Juliet 300. Middle: NYX Black Label Lipstick in Extreme Red 155. Bottom: MAC Matte Lipstick in Ruby Roo|
Top To Bottom
- L'Oréal Glam Shine Stain Splash in Juliet 300 £7.99 Like the first lipstick this too is a gloss that dries as a stain. This is a gorgeous colour for those who want to wear a red but don't want to wear anything too over powering this is the colour to go for!
- NYX Black Label Lipstick in Extreme Red 155 £4 Ok so you can't just rush out and buy this as it's only available online, also it's in the sale so I'm guessing this is being discontinued. I did buy this about 3 months ago and it's still in stock so I would recommend ordering this before it's gone forever! I had to include this as this is such a gorgeous deep cherry red. It's super glossy and is a dream to apply. Lips like these will stand out!
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Ruby Roo £15 Now this is one of my favourite red lipsticks of all time (actually RiRi Woo just beats it but theres little between the two!) It's your true vivid red with the blue undertone. The kind of red Marilyn Monroe would have been wearing back in the day! With it being a matte finish it means that this bad boy is staying put on your lips for the majority of the night! It's a little drying but most matte lipsticks are.
I apologise for the state of my lips nearing the end. Re-applying lip colour after lip colour definitely took it's toll so these lips need some Vaseline!
Anyway those are my Valentines lip colour picks. I'm still undecided what colour to wear! What is your favourite lip colour out of them all? How will you be wearing your makeup?
I hope everyone has a fabulous Valentines day, and for those who won't be spending it with a loved one, crack out the wine or vodka, pop on some pumping tunes and get yourselves out on the town!
Until Next Time
Where Else Can You Find Me?