Hello my lovelies! I have been posting a makeup look of the day recently where I go a little more in depth with pictures of how I achieved the look in regards to the eye look. Today's post is slightly different and is more focused on the over all look and not so in depth. (picture at the end of the post)
I wore this to work on Good Friday and received a ton of compliments from people about how nice my makeup looked. To me this was so simple and very neutral on the eyes, so didn't think it was anything special to be honest, but apparently it was! ha!
- On my eyes I have the Smashbox Full Exposure Eye Shadow Palette that I bought last Saturday. I have been playing about with it as it's totally different to anything I have in my collection (a full review will be coming I promise) I was going to go for full on matte but bottled it and used one of the shimmer shades for the base, S4 then went in with the matte shades in the palette, M5 and M6 and used them in my crease. I mixed M7 and M1 and applied them to the outer V of my eye. I used both those darker shades to line underneath my eyes too (I wish the shades had actual names but you will see them closer up in my review) I also used the lightest shade in the palette M4 to highlight my brow bone
- To line my eyes I used L'Oreal Superliner in Black which I haven't used in ages and was surprised it hadn't dried up! I finished off my eyes with an old favourite of mine Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara after using No7 Lift & Curve Eyelash Curler to curl my lashes
- Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Pale Almond is my holy grail foundation so I used this to create a flawless finish to my face. I'm totally loving Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer at the moment as it's a great concealer to use to just brighten under my eyes without adding too much coverage. To set my foundation and concealer I used another holy grail product, MAC Studio Fix Powder in N5 which really does make my skin look flawless and prevents the oil breakout from happening throughout the day.
- To contour I used my current favourite bronzer MAC Mineralize Skin finish in Dark Deep, which I have well and truly hit pan on and used this under my cheek bones and onto my temples to slim down what I call a football sized head! ha!
- On my cheeks I used two products, NYX Blusher in Rose Garden which is gorgeous and finished it off with a light dusting of Benefit Coralista Blusher which is a recent purchase of mine. This is beyond beautiful and adds a really gorgeous sheen to my cheeks and just makes my face look healthy and glowy.
- What I think finished off the whole look and actually made people stop me and say how nice my makeup looked was Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Sultry on my lips. I never normally wear a lipstick this deep during the day and to be honest I totally forgot I had this in my collection as it was tucked away in my pencil case at work in my drawer but my god it's just gorgeous!
- On the brows I used my favourite brow pencil, Sleeks Eyebrow Stylist in Light and set them with the ELF Clear Mascara and Brow Gel
This look was so simple and as I said at the start I didn't think it was anything special at all but seeing as I received so many compliments on it, including the following day I think this could become a more frequent look.
What is your most complimented makeup look?
Until Next Time