I have another Makeup Look for you guys today and we are going a little more in-depth than the standard #fotd looks. Today's look as the name would suggest is an aquatic look. Enjoy!
- Do you really need me to say? Yes I start off with my holy grail Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Pale Almond. I always use my hands to apply my foundation also, as I feel this gives me the best finish than a brush ever will do.
- For under the eyes I used my Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Flawless Wear Concealer. I Love this, it does a great job at hiding those dark circles, without settling into the lines around my eyes. I'm not sure what colour this is as I got this as a free gift, a double ended mascara and concealer! Again I use my fingers with this. I just gently pat the concealer in and it really does give you a flawless finish.
- To set my foundation another shocker here.... yes I use my Real Techniques Powder Brush to apply some MAC Studio Fix Powder in N5. I gently pat this on to the skin and leave it 30 seconds and then dust off any remaining powder with my brush.
- Luckily I haven't been suffering with any breakouts lately so no need to apply any concealer in any other areas :)
- I didn't want a harsh contour so I used my Blank Canvas Cosmetics F16 Large Contour Powder Brush and used it with NYX Matte Bronzer in Medium under the hollows of my cheeks and around my temples.
- With this eye look you need a blusher that's got a coral tone to it and of course my current favourite one is Benefit Coralista Blusher. I applied this using a Real Techniques Blush Brush
- To prime my eyes I used ELF Mineral Eye Primer, which is hands down the best drugstore primer on the market! *edit I can no longer find this on the website, they better not have discontinued it!!!
- For the eyeshadow I used a palette I've not used in forever, Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes Palette in Menthe a l'o Taking a Blank Canvas Cosmetics E24 Flat Shader Brush I mixed both the colours 1 & 2 together and applied it all over the lid
- For the crease I used my Zoeva Luxe Crease Brush and applied the colour 3 straight in to the crease and blended it up slightly
- I used my Blank Canvas Cosmetics E10 Small Socket Brush and applied the colour 4 to deepen up the crease and outer V area.
- I then applied a small amount of the colour 5 just into the outer V area to deepen the colour up slightly. I used the same brush as the last step.
- I ALWAYS wear black liner but decided against it for this look BUT I needed some definition around the eye so pulled out a pencil I've not used in ages, Bourjois Waterproof liner in Blue Remix (the colour is far from blue) I applied this to my up and lower lash lines and also winged the liner out slightly to create a cat flick.
- I decided I needed to deepen the colour up a touch so went in with Blank Canvas Cosmetics E28 Fine Liner Brush and applied the colour 5 from the Lancôme palette over the pencil liner on both my upper and lower lash line.
- To finish off the eyes I curled my lashes (can't remember what ones I grabbed, but they all work virtually the same way!) and then applied a few coats of L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes in Extra Black. As L'Oreal mascaras smudge like a mother ****** on me I applied a quick layer of Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara over the top, which prevents my lashes from smudging!
- For my brows nothing fancy here. I just used my Sleek Eyebrow Stylist in Light and then used ELF Clear Mascara and Brow Gel to set them in place.
- For the lips I needed something very neutral but nothing that would make me look dead... First I used Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Complex, which on it's own i really dislike as it really doesn't suit me.
- I then used NYX Butter Gloss in Mapple Blonde and just dabbed this on to my lips.
I actually wore this to work on Sunday. The sun was beaming. I didn't want to go to work because of that, so felt like I needed to brighten my look up as I have to wear all black and I think my eyes did a good job of brightening things up!!!
Until Next Time
Where Else Can You Find Me?
Nominate JustJulie for the Best New Beauty Blog and the Newcomer Blog Award at the 2014 Cosmopolitan Blog awards