I've come to love the beginning of each month as generally my Birchbox subscription makes an appearance. This month I was asked if I'd like to review the October box for my readers, and although I already have a subscription of course I said yes.
I had high hopes for this months box, especially as last months box was amazing and I'll be honest, I'm not disappointed at all. One thing I love about this months box is the theme centred around it. Autumn has fully kicked in by the time October has arrived so this months box theme is 'Work It' with products to help you get motivated and tackle anything that comes your way.
Before we get into the contents of this months Birchbox, let's talk about the little extras that inside the box. As I said this months box is centred around helping you get motivated and as you can see from the photo above there is a 14 day planner with tips to help you get through each day, along with some motivational quotes, which I think is just fab!
Let's not forget that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Birchbox have teamed up with Copperfeel, who have included some tips on how to check your breasts and what you should be looking for. Also if you share a photo with the message I COPPED A FEEL! with the hashtags #CoppaBirchbox to @CoppaFeelPeople and @BirchboxUK on Twitter and Instagram they will donate £1 for every photo.
Anyway, on to the contents of the box, which comes in a gorgeous pink bag, which I love!
- Balance Me Cleanse & Smooth Face Balm I'm a huge fan of Balance Me, but have never tried this before so I was thrilled to see this in the bag. A natural cleanser that also slightly exfoliates the skin. This is suitable for normal to dry skin, however it also balances out oily skin, which I have, so I can't wait to try this, also the sample size is very generous too, so should last a little while.
- KMS California HAIR PLAY Dry Wax KMS is a brand I've never heard of before, I've never seen a dry wax before either so I did have to quickly use this before I even took photos. This dry wax helps to create that tousled, undone look that so many women want to achieve, by building body and lot's of texture throughout your hair. This smells devine and after one quick use has left me with a great first impression of the brand and dry waxes.
- Shaveworks The Cool Fix As someone who does suffer with shaving rashes I was pleased to see a gel that will help soothe my skin after shaving, yes I know I should wax, but I can't deal with the pain! This is a cooling gel and along with the moisturising ingredients this promises to reduce redness and and irritations that are caused from shaving and waxing. I'll be using this tonight!
- Pixi by Petra Shea Butter Lip Balm (Honey Nectar) I suffer with super dry lips, especially when the weather chops and changes from one day to the next and I've yet to find that one lip balm that heals my lips straight away. This smells gorgeous, you get the smell of shea butter instantly as you pull off the lid and I can still smell it on my lips an hour after applying it! This is tinted so you also get a subtle hint of nude colour to your lips. So far this feels lovely on my lips, oh and the smell, I mentioned that right? Bloody gorgeous!
- Meaningful Beauty Wrinkle Smooth Capsules As soon as I see anything anti-ageing I'm pretty much sold, throw in that supermodel Cindy Crawford is one of the brains behind this, then yeah, you have me right in your hands, especially if her youthful skin is anything to go by! Now this interested me the most. These are capsules that you open up and gently squeeze out on to your fingers to apply. You only need to apply this to the areas you're most concerned with, so that will be the whole face! Nah, seriously, my concerns are around my eyes and forehead, however you can use this all over if you like. It's too early to say how this performs, so no doubt I will update once I've finished using these.
- LIFESTYLE EXTRA| Birchbox Pink Lipstick Pen Every month you get a lifestyle extra, normally I've felt very underwhelmed by them but this months is super cute and right up my street! Yes it's a pink lipstick shaped pen! I think the team at Birchbox new us beauty addicts would love this! It's already in my bag and I can't wait to actually show this off to my friends, however sad that may sound, but having my very own lipstick shaped pen has actually made my day, plus it's pink, so yeah, this 30 something year old is very pleased!!
So that's this months box, what you think? I'm really impressed with it. The theme is really clever, you can see how much time and effort has gone into making this an amazing box and I generally love all of the products. I'm hopeful that by the time next months box arrives I'll be looking like a certain supermodel!!!
If you'd like to subscribe to Birchbox then you can subscribe through my referral link just HERE and you and I will both receive 50 Birchbox points which is £5 to spend in the Birchbox shop. The points add up really fast, within four months I had earned enough points to purchased a Stila Eyeshadow palette worth £25! (Review on that to come soon)
Until Next Time