So today is my blogs one year anniversary! I honestly can't believe that I'm writing this post, how has it already been one year since I launched JustJulie? What a year it's been...
Yes it's been one whole year! I had attempted to start a blog several times but failed to post more than twice on each, but when launching JustJulie I knew this would be a keeper as I had planned on starting one in the new year for several months prior, but still even though I had planned to start a blog I wasn't sure if, One - I'd be able to commit to the time and effort needed to maintain a blog. Two - I wasn't sure if I'd get bored after a little while and Three - I didn't know if I'd be any good at blogging either...
I'm so proud of how far my blog has grown over the year, it's something I hadn't expected to happen at all. I remember when I was close to hitting 100 followers on Bloglovin, the count down to that big number was so special to me, I'd also decided that once I hit 100 followers I would announce it to all my friends via Facebook, I wasn't sure what peoples reactions would be, but I can honestly say each and every one of my friends, whether it's my close friends or acquaintances on Facebook were so supportive of me and have continued to do so in everything I do.
I've also made some amazing friends from blogging, there are too many to mention and I'm sure they know who they are, but I have to say getting to know and meeting Sian from Sian Marie Beauty has been amazing. The community can honestly be such an amazing and welcoming place, most of the time... and I'm lucky to have got to know so many fabulous bloggers, some of which I've now met in person. I actually plan to meet more bloggers this year, in fact it's one of my goals. Also if it wasn't for the community I doubt I would have learnt so much about blogging, you can honestly learn so much from other bloggers, which is something I hadn't been aware of before. I took inspiration from a lot of the blogs I follow, and continue to do so, those blogs have helped me develop JustJulie. Two bloggers who have really inspired me are, Annabel from Mascara and Maltesers and Gemma from Miss Makeup Magpie
One thing I've really enjoyed is seeing the other blogs that started up at around the same time as mine grow, two people who were there from virtually day one are Michelle from What Shell Says and Alice from Annie Writes Beauty - yeah it took me some time to realise that her name wasn't actually Annie!
I can't list all my highlights but here are just a few.
- Reaching 100 followers on Bloglovin within one month of blogging, 1000 followers on bloglovin within five months of blogging and then hitting 2000 followers within nine months of blogging.
- Achieving over 100,000 page views within 10 months of blogging.
- Building a great relationship with several PRs and brands.
- Organising the Bluewater Meet Up and meeting so many fabulous bloggers... yes I'll be planning another one this year!
- Being shortlisted in the Best New Beauty Blog category at the 2014 Cosmo Blog Awards.
- Being mentioned on several blogs as being one of their favourite blogs to read.
- Most recently being recognised whilst at work by someone.
- Having the opportunity to write several times for The Bluewater Website.
Also I wanted to share with you some of my most viewed and also my favourite blog posts that I've written this year.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 DUPE!!! The Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette is still my most viewed post to date, this is also the post that receives the most searches on Google for me.
- Introducing ghd Curve | Curls that lasts as long as you do.. September saw the launch of the new ghd Curve and I introduced the range on the day of the launch, this was a personal favourite post of mine to write, it's also already my second most viewed and searched for blog post.
- 6 easy steps to create the perfect winged eyeliner... clearly there are a lot of people who struggled to create a winged eyeliner as my how to is my third most viewed blog post.
- Benefit They're Real Push-up Liner... is it worth the hype? not my favourite product I've purchased but with this post I finally decided to stop with all the good reviews and write my first negative review.
- Beauty Crazes I don't understand! this post caused a little bit of a stir between the brow lovers out there, but regardless, this is firmly within my top 10 of my most viewed posts.
One thing I love about blogging is that it's all still such a learning curve, I mean even the pros still learn something new, no one is an expert, there is always room for improvement and that's something I've realised, it takes time to perfect a blog and I'm content with that, but my god isn't amazing looking back on how far you've grown?
So I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has stuck with me since the beginning and those who have found my blog through Twitter or Google. I really can't wait to see where my blog takes me during my second year of blogging. I've also had a slight break from blogging throughout December but I'm back, motivated and eager to put out some great posts for you all.
Just a quick heads up, I'll be hosting a HUGE giveaway in celebration of my blogs anniversary within the next week. I had wanted it to go up on 1st January but due to Christmas and New years, the post has been delayed so I'm just waiting on the remaining goodies to arrive through my door, but please keep your eyes peeled for that as I'm very excited about giving one of my readers something back :)
Until Next Time