- The Launch of Makeup Revolution took the beauty and blogging world by storm, I don't think there has been such an exciting launch of a brand before. To say they have been successful would be an understatement. Their key message is to deliver high quality products at an affordable price, and did they deliver that? They sure did. Every month they have kept the beauty world on their toes by rolling out new products and I myself have struggled to keep up with them! I predict even better things for Makeup Revolution during 2015 and I'm excited to see what they do next! I have reviewed a number of products from Makeup Revolution and you can find all of my reviews just HERE and HERE
- When I purchased the Stila 'in The Light' Eyeshadow Palette I didn't for one second think this would fast become my holy grail of eyeshadow palettes, but it did. I have hit pan on several eyeshadows within a matter of just a few months, which is something I've never done before! The eyeshadows are probably the best quality eyeshadows I have ever had the pleasure of using, the texture, finish and application is just out of this world and the numerous looks that you can achieve from these 10 eyeshadows is never ending. If you had to own one palette throughout your life time this should be it! To read my full review just go HERE -This currently has 10% off on Beauty Bay
- As a blonde I always struggled to find the perfect brow product, that was until I finally gave in to all the hype and purchased Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. For someone with very fair and sparse brows this is like a little bit of heaven to me. Not only does it allow me to create brows that aren't there, it's also the perfect colour for blondes. I have tried other products since in the hope to find a dupe and nothing competes. Regardless of whether you're a blonde or a brunette, this is the one brow product that everyone needs in their life! To read my full review just go HERE
- For me the launch of ghd Curve was the most exciting. Being an employee and knowing that we were launching a whole new product line, but having to keep it secret was so hard for me to do. Also the fact we had to wait until just a few weeks prior to the launch before we actually got to see the four new curling tools was pure torture. Anyone reading this who knows me or those who have got to know me during my time blogging will know just how much I love working for ghd and how passionate I am about the brand and the products that we sell, so for me to see the excitement and buzz surrounding the launch online was amazing, not to mention the excitement from customers dying to try out the new curve range. Unfortunately the excitement has also turned into a head ache for me, especially during the festive season where the whole country sold out of these and sadly they didn't arrive in time for Christmas. However these will be back in stock for the start of 2015 (if they aren't already) so I think this launch will still be buzzing during 2015! Read my introduction of curve just HERE
- Discovering the worlds best mascara Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara well in my opinion it's the best, of course others will disagree. This mascara changed everything for me, The packaging is gorgeous, the brush is divine and the name, well yeah the name is the sole reason why I needed to try the mascara! No mascara competes with this and I doubt anything actually will. It's frustrating though as this is always out of stock and as soon as it's back in stock on Beauty Bay I'll be ordering two so I'm never without! You can read my original review just HERE
- I rarely suffer with spots but when one day my chin was suddenly taken over by a huge mountain something needed to be done. I headed over to Lush in the hopes of picking up a deep pore cleansing mask but instead I was talked into buying Lush Grease Lightening Spot Treatment. This spot treatment dealt with my spot almost instantly, over night my spot had reduced in size massively and by day three my spot had completely gone. Whenever I feel like a spot is about to break free I pop some of this on the area and it deals with it before the spot has had time to break through. Check out my original review just HERE
- As a woman who has never embraced her shoulder length hair style, hair extensions have been my must have accessory for nearly 10 years. I had tried numerous brands throughout the years but was lucky to be sent some Dirty Looks HK Full Head Hair Extensions back in the spring and up until recently (I've purchased some other extensions from Dirty Looks and a review will follow soon) I have been wearing them every day since and the quality of the hair is still in great condition despite the amount of heat I've subjected them to. It's hard to find extensions that can last but the HK extensions have remained silky soft and healthy looking. You can read my full review just HERE
- I decided to invest in some good quality hair care products during 2014, some cost a fortune, some were inexpensive, and not all were great but one hair care product that has fast become my favourite has to be the Lush Retread Hair Conditioner. I'll be honest, Lush was never top of my list for stores to purchase a great conditioner from but this conditioning treatment is packed with a whole bunch of natural products that promises to mend the outer hair shaft, as well as adding a boost of natural proteins to help strengthen your hair. I have noticed a considerable change to my hairs conditions since using this over the past four months, so much so that my hairdresser had noticed too. Read my full review HERE
- 2014 was the year where chunky lip pencils and matte lips took over. Nearly every brand has released some form of chunky lip pencil in a matte formula but not all brands got it right. Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm Lipsticks were the one brand that got everything right from the price, design, texture, longevity and finish, for me they ticked all the boxes. The only thing I'd like to see them do is add more colours to the range. Check out my full review just HERE
- As well as trying out new hair care products I was also changing my skincare like you wouldn't believe, ok slight exaggeration there, but I was desperate to find products that would change the look and feel of my skin and I was very lucky to find some amazing products but there is one that sticks in my mind and thats the GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment Never have I ever had that WOW factor from a facemask instantly like I did with this. I thought GLAMGLOW was all hype, but it's really not. The Supermud left my skin feeling silky soft, hydrated and looking clear and more even after the first use and has continued to do the same and more after every single use. It may be a little steep in price for a facemask but believe me when I say this facemask will honestly change everything after one use! Check out my first impressions on the Supermud and the whole GLAMGLOW range just HERE
Aside from discovering a number of gems throughout 2014, there were a few products that unfortunately didn't live up to their hype at all and left me very disappointed. I couldn't write a post about my top 10 favourite things without mentioning two of the main duds from 2014!
- One product that had a huge buzz surrounding it was the Benefit They're Real Push-up Liner, apparently it was so easy to use that it was virtually criminal, well what was criminal was that exact statement. The formula was rubbish, to the point where it literally crumbled off during the day due to the dryness of the product and it was NOT easy to apply! This took me 15 minutes to achieve even eyes and I haven't struggled with my eyeliner in years. There are mixed reviews online, some people have said that it's good for anyone who has struggled to apply their liner, but if people who have been wearing eyeliner for years struggled (I'm not the only one who struggled with it) then I really fail to see how someone who normally struggled would find this easy?! Anyway this was my dud product of 2014! If you want to read my review on it then just go HERE
- Now some may see this as a little controversial but I stand by placing this in my misses, it's the Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette. Now this eyeshadow palette left me with very mixed feelings. Basically there are 14 eyeshadows, 7 mattes and 7 shimmers. Well the mattes are amazing, some of the best matte eyeshadows I've ever had the pleasure to use, but the shimmers, they're just horrendous! They're more like glitter overlays, and crap ones at that, because believe me you will not achieve a pigmented look just using them alone. To pay £36 on a pallet that is only half good is a total rip off. I did originally say that if you like matte eyeshadows then pick this up but since Urban Decay have their basics palettes and Makeup Revolution have launched two matte palettes then I would totally bypass this and pick up those I've just mentioned instead. You can read my original review just HERE
So those are my top 10 hits and two misses of 2014! These are the things that have dominated my year and needed a special mention! However I do have my 2014 favourites post, with a lot more products going live tomorrow, so be sure to check back for that!
Until Next Time
Where Else Can You Find Me?