Someone recently told me that I don't write about skincare enough, but that's because skincare doesn't give you an immediate effect and you need to use products for a period of time before making a judgement, as chopping and changing your skincare can have the opposite effect to what you want. However I do believe that right now I have found the skincare routine that is working for me and I've really started to notice a difference, so I thought I'd give you the run down of my current skincare routine.
For those who don't follow my blog you'll need to know that I have oily skin that's very dehydrated, especially underneath my eyes. I also have a slightly uneven skin tone, where I have some redness on my cheek area so I like to use products that will help treat most of my concerns.
- Magnitone Pulsar – Advanced Daily Skincare Brush* - £129.99 We all know how amazing the Clarosonic is meant to be, but until I was sent the Magnitone Pulsar Brush I had never used anything like it before. Now we think we remove all our makeup but this brush has proved that I really don't! I was meant to see a difference after seven days but I'll be honest, I didn't BUT after using it three times a week for the past few months I have now noticed a change. I know these are meant to be used daily but for me it's just a little too much, so using this three times a week is enough for me and allows me to give my skin a deep cleanse every other day.
- L'Oréal Skin Perfection Purifying Gel Wash* - £4.49 It's only been the past two months that I started to use an actual face wash and my skin has never felt cleaner. This doesn't dry my skin out at all, but it definitely helps to keep the shine away.
- Lancome Advanced Genifique - From £59 I've been using Genifique serum for nearly a year now and it's the best serum I have ever used. It's an anti ageing serum that helps to fight 10 signs of the ageing process. It's extremely lightweight and leaves the skin feeling baby bum soft! I actually reviewed this last year just HERE so check out my post for a more in-depth review.
- L'Oréal Triple Active Fresh Ultra-Hydrating Gel-Cream* - £6.99 I've raved about my love gel moisturisers, they're amazing for oily skin as they don't leave your skin feeling greasy but they also work wonders at hydrating the skin by adding lot's of water back into the skin, which a lot of people with oily skin seem to neglect. I used this before and then switch to Lancome Hydra Zen Gel, which is amazing but it's pretty pricey and to be honest, there's very little difference between the two, well there's about £30 difference!
- Sk:n Anti-Ageing Brightening & Firming Eye Cream* I got sent this eye cream quite some time back but I already own a ton of eye creams so this just sat there until one day I decided to try it. Wow, is all I can say! This is bloody amazing! Not only has it really helped to hydrate underneath my eyes but it's helped brighten them and I can see a difference with the firmness around my eyes! This is quite thick, a little goes a long way! I find the best way to apply this is to gently rub it in around the eyes and then pat it in.. Frustratingly enough I can't find a link for this anywhere and it doesn't seem to be on the Sk:n Website So I'm hoping this is just out of stock as I don't know what I'll do when this runs out so if anyone can find a link for me to buy this please let me know!
- MitoQ Moisturising Anti-Aging Serum* - £79 This is like heaven in a bottle! I'm not lying this serum is amazing. I'll be honest when I discovered this cost £79 I was a bit like whooooa BUT I can't describe how amazing this is! I use this every night underneath my night cream as it's a little too much for day time for me. My skin is looking and feeling a lot more radiant, the redness in my cheeks is beginning to reduce and I feel as a whole my skin is feeling so much fresher. I'll 100% be re-purchasing this! I wrote a review on this on a another website just HERE so if you'd like to know more then go have a read.
- L'Oréal Paris Triple Active Fresh Ultra Hydrating Gel-Cream* - £6.99 This is actually a day cream and intended for dry/sensitive skin and obviously is a little too rich for me to use during the day, but it's actually really good as a night cream. Because it's got a gel/cream like consistency it's not too rich for my skin and is actually doing a pretty darn good job at hydrating my skin!
- Lush Santas Lip Scrub - £5.50 Although this is for the lips, exfoliating my lips every night is part of my routine. I suffer with extremely dry lips, especially in the winter and they do become very painful if I miss a few days, so I always keep them smooth every night to keep that at bay. I bloody love this, not only does it remove all my dry skin, it smells gorgeous and tastes even better! Obviously this was a Christmas line at Lush but they sell other lip scrubs just HERE and I'll be trying the Bubblegum flavour when this runs out! Want to know more? Check out my full review HERE
- LipGlam Natural Lanolin Lip Balm* - £9.99 Obviously after I exfoliate my lips they need to be moisturised and I've been using LipGlam for several months. It's a wonder product! This keeps my lips nice and moisturised. I tend to use this only at night as it is quite rich.
- GLAMGLOW Super Mud Clearing Treatment - £44.99 Finally it's my go to, how did I live without this before face mask! The first time I used this I was blown away and continue to be blown away each and every time! It removes all my dead skin, leaves my skin feeling amazing and I can really see and feel a difference. It's just amazing and if you invest in one face mask, make sure it's this! I use this once to two times a week, depending on how my skin is feeling. Currently this has £10 off at Look Fantastic (as of writing this) so if you want to grab a bargain I'd pick one up while the offer is still on!
Wow that was longer than intended! I will say there are various other products I do use but these are the products that I believe are making a significant change to my skin and I'm really pleased to have found a skin care routine that is actually working!
What are your must have skin care products?
Until Next Time