I can't help but wonder how summer has crept upon us so fast, I mean Christmas only seems like it was just a few months ago! I don't know if anyone else is a bit late in prepping for their beach holidays, but I know I am, so I thought if like me you're all a bit late in getting organised it would be a great time to put together my beach essentials.
Now it would be great to think that I could walk onto a beach and look just as amazing as Michelle Keegan (Is she Michelle Wright now?) Unfortunately no amount of preparation is ever going to make that happen, but a girl can try right? As a naturally fair haired person I can't be walking straight on to a beach showing off my pasty white pins, so for me preparation is key and these are my must have products to help prepare your skin for the beach so you too can join me in looking like Michelle!
- Nair Argan Oil Shower Power Cream - £6.99* Before we even step foot on a beach we need to de-fuss our legs. I've always been a girl that reaches for her razor but recently I've been using the new Nair Argan Oil Shower Power Cream which gives me a much smoother result due to the combination of Argan Oil (which I've raved about in the past) which is leaving my legs feeling silky smooth, it also helps to soothe my skin as it can get a little irritated in the hot weather. Combine Argan oil with Jojoba and Cocoa Butter oil, my legs have honestly never looked better! Its super quick too, ideal for those in a rush, leave it on for five minutes and then use the spatula to remove. I also find my hair regrowth time is a lot longer than when I shave and can get just short of a week smoothness with this.
- Nair Argan Oil Bikini Brush-On - £5.99* Keeping a tidy bikini line is a must have. I like something that doesn't irritate me and bring me up in a rash and the Nair Argan Oil Bikini Brush-On has been my life saver. Its so quick to use with it's unique brush applicator, this allows you to be precise in where you apply the removal cream so that you can get every hair. Like with the Shower Power Cream it contains the same Argan, Jojoba and Cocoa Butter oil so so your bikini line is left feeling silky smooth.
- Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff 3in1 Body Scrub Tube - £5.99 After all hair is removed it's time to get my skin feeling even softer and remove all dead skin. The Cocoa Brown 3in1 Body Scrub is a manual exfoliator that works fast in removing any dead skin, it's especially great on the elbows and around the feet. You only need to use a little bit of this too, so it does last a long time.
- Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter - £10.50 This is my favourite body cream. We all know how gorgeously scented Soap & Glory products are and the scent really lingers on my skin for hours. It's a great body cream to use all of the time, but it's also my must have cream to use before I self tan.
- Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Dark Mousse - £7.99 As I said before, I'm naturally pale so I personally need to have some colour on me before I even set foot on the beach. the Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan mousse is now my go to product, one because it actually smells nice, two it takes me less that 10 minutes to fully self tan my whole body and three because the end result is extremely natural and even looking. I find I need to leave this on for longer than an hour BUT if you're not as pale as me one hour may be enough for you.
- Soltan Moisturising Suncare Spray With Insect Repellent SPF30 - £7.00 Regardless of your skin tone or wherever it may be that you're planning on being out in the sun, sun protection should always be top of your list. The higher the SPF the better really, but for me I tend to stick to a SPF30, I also personally prefer sprays as I feel they are quicker and easier to use. You don't need to spend a fortune on sun protection, Boots' own brand Soltan do a wonderful job at protecting the skin from the nasty sun rays, plus they are always on offer too. Quick note, don't forget to spray your feet, I've learnt that over the years!
- No7 Hair Protect Spritz - £7.00 People always seem to neglect protecting their hair. I've always had coloured hair and not only does the sun rays make your colour fade, it's also damaging to your hair. A quick spritz of this every couple of hours will help keep your hair looking and feeling nice, it also smells lovely too.
- Nivea Lip Care Sun Protect SPF30 - £4.00 Lips is also another area people seem to forget about. I don't know about you but the sun can really dry my lips out, I've also burnt my lips in the past too, so a good lip protection is a must. I adore Nivea lip products and this one offers an SPF30 too, so this helps keep your lips nice and smooth. You can also use this on your eye lids.. yes I've burnt them too!
- Soltan Aftersun Gel with Aloe - £3.50 For me there is nothing better than getting out of the shower/bath after I've been sunbathing and putting on some aftersun. I can burn quite easily so for me a gel based aftersun is not only cooling to my skin, it's also quick to apply and dries pretty much instantly. Because this has Aloe Vera in it too, it really helps to soothe and nourish the skin.
On the Beach
What are your summer essentials for the beach?
Until Next Time
- Gold tone square sunglasses - £13.00 Obviously we wear sunglasses to protect our eyes from the sun, but deep down we all want to wear a pair that looks gorgeous! These sunglasses from River Island are just stunning, I spotted them straight away and had to pick them up! The white and gold detail will really ensure you look trendy on the beach!
- The Glam Guide Having a good book to read is normally on everyone's lists, but for me I'm not the biggest book lover, I can get easily distracted and lose where I was. Right now I'm really into reading beauty books, they're the kind of books that you can pick up and read whenever as it's very light reading. Plus it's written by Fleur, who I love. I've picked this up but saving this for my holiday.
- Spotify - Free or Premium at £9.99 p/m Music is my saviour all year round, but especially whilst on the beach. I've always just listened to the music stored on my iPhone but I recently downloaded Spotify because of the vast amount of music. You can pretty much find any song you want on Spotify, create your own playlists, look and see what your friends are listening too and discover new music to. Since downloading it I've not bothered with my own music.
So that's my beach essentials for summer. I know we all like to rush out to buy new clothes for our holidays and the essentials can end up taking a back seat until the very last minute, when really they should be at the forefront of our minds, so that's why I thought this post would be helpful.
What are your summer essentials for the beach?
* Sponsored post by Nair
Until Next Time